Get help finding your next job!
These services are designed to assist people with finding and securing a competitive job. Our job placement counselors can work with you and help you determine what types of jobs to search for that will meet your needs and preferences. The next step will be to assist you with both a traditional and an on-line job search. Searching for a job can be a difficult process and our counselors will help you with online applications and help you find job openings in your area of interest.
To get started stop by one of the following Goodwill Workplace Training & Assistance Centers:
Our offices are currently operating by appointment only. In SETX, please contact Michelle at 409.651.3802, and in SWLA, please contact Cassi at 337.263.7213.
- 1180 S. 11th Street, Beaumont, TX | Monday – Friday, 9AM to 4PM
- 1202 Kirkman St., Lake Charles, LA | Monday – Friday, 9AM – 4PM
You may also want to take advantage of our Job Readiness Training while you are looking for a job.
Our Job Readiness Program will teach you the skills needed to get a job, keep a job, and be successful in employment. We offer training including both soft and concrete skills often taken for granted in the workplace. The training is focused on being ready to get the job and keep the job. We will cover:
- resume and interview preparation
- being on time
- remaining on task
- solving problems that affect your job
- knowing who to ask for help
- dressing appropriately for the workplace
- developing good communication in the workplace