Our Classes are Free
To compete in today’s job market, you will need to know how to use a computer. In our classrooms you can learn Microsoft Office and you can learn at your own pace. Get the skills you need to succeed. Sign up for the following class:
- Typing & Keyboarding is a general training in the use of the computer and keyboard for typing and data entry focusing on improving accuracy and speed.
- Basics of Computer Usage includes beginning computer usage for the novice user with little or no computer experience.
- Microsoft Office 2016 is designed for those who are familiar with computer, keyboard and mouse. This training teaches the detailed use of Office applications such as Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and the integrated use of all the applications for a single project. This course prepares the student to take the Microsoft User Certification Examination.
Trainings are instructor led and self-paced in a classroom setting. Training is hands-on using proven curriculum. Students will complete lessons, quizzes, exams and one or more projects to demonstrate skill.
To sign up for a class call or come by one of our Goodwill Workplace Training & Assistance Centers:
- Our offices are currently operating by appointment only. In SETX, please contact Michelle at 409.651.3802, and in SWLA, please contact Sheneika at 337.310-1882.
- 1180 S. 11th Street, Beaumont, TX | Monday – Thursday, 9am to 4pm (closed for lunch 12 to 1pm) and Friday, 9am – 12pm.
- 1202 Kirkman St., Lake Charles, LA | Monday – Thursday, 9am to 4pm (closed for lunch 12 to 1pm) and Friday, 9am -12pm.